GENERAL CONSUMER CARENew York Film Academy (NYFA) Australia Pty Ltd, RTO no. 32484, is a Registered Training Organisation under the Australian Skills Quality Authority and actively seek to ensure our students are informed and protected throughout their journey with us.
We make a commitment to highlight the rights and obligations of the student and our own rights and obligations in all communication, advertising and marketing.
From time to time students may consider that they need to apply for a refund due to many circumstances, and in order to make this application as streamlined as possible we have divided each scenario depending on your own cohort.
1. AUSTRALIAN VET FEE HELP STUDENT
2. DOMESTIC (NON-VET FEE HELP) or INTERNATIONAL FEE PAYING STUDENTS
AUSTRALIAN VET FEE HELP STUDENTS*VET FEE HELP Students of NYFA Australia Pty Ltd who wish to withdraw from their enrolled course must do so in writing using the prescribed withdrawal or deferral form. The conditions of withdrawing have been set by the Higher Education Support Amendment (VET FEE HELP Reform) Act 2015. For further information please visit www.studyassist.gov.au
BEFORE OR ON CENSUS DATEAll VET FEE HELP students who withdraw before close of business on the nominated census date of each semester are eligible for a 100 percent refund and will not incur a VET FEE-HELP debt for that semester or subsequent semesters.
AFTER CENSUS DATEA VET FEE HELP student who withdraws from a unit of study after the census date may apply to the Registrar of NYFA Australia for a refund or remission of VET FEE-HELP, citing special consideration if such applies.
To apply for a refund or remission of VET FEE-HELP debt, please complete the form available from Student Services. Please email email@example.com.
*VET FEE HELP will cease on 31st December 2016 and VET Student Loans will commence on the 1st January 2017.
DOMESTIC AND INTERNATIONAL FEE PAYING STUDENTSWhere a student believes they have grounds for a course money refund, students should:
- Request a Refund Form from Student Services.
- Return completed Refund Form with additional documents that may support your application to Student Services within 12 months of last date of study
WHAT HAPPENS WITHIN THE 28 DAYSOnce a completed Refund Form and any additional documents have been received, the Registrar will;
- Present the application to NYFA Australia Management.
- Provide to the student, in writing, the resulting decision of NYFA Australia Management and how any refunds of course money has been calculated.
- Advise the student of their right to appeal* the decision of NYFA Australia Management.
In the event that we must cancel the program, all enrolled students will be notified immediately and given a full refund of program fees (including the $500 deposit).
*NYFA Australia maintains a complaints and appeals policy guided by decision on natural justice. To find out additional information please access here Student Complaints.
SOME GENERAL REFUND APPLICATION INFORMATION FOR ALL STUDENTSREFUND GUIDELINES
NYFA Australia protects students under the following legislation/regulation and will ensure that all refund applications are handled with due consideration to the applicable of one/or all legislations/regulations:
- Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015
- Higher Education Support Amendment (VET FEE HELP Reform) Act 2015
- Competition and Consumer Act 2010
- The Education Services for Overseas Act 2000
Please note that Administration charges may occur on application for a refund and students will be advised of these charges on receipt of application.